- Playing a game of cards using candy to place bets (leftover Halloween candy would be perfect for this!).
- Try taking a walk through the park and playing in a local playground. Everyone loves time to act like a big kid, right?!
- Plan a creative night by carving a pumpkin together.
- Record a cooking show, do some grocery shopping and then make a special meal together. You’ll learn some new cooking skills while having fun together.
- Look through your old movie collection and select a movie to watch that you haven’t seen for a while. Quiz each other before the movie on the names of the characters, the city it was filmed in and the occupations of the characters then see how many answers you got right!
- Use some supplies around the house to make homemade costumes and then have a silly photo shoot. Old boxes, yarn, paint, duct tape and old clothing all make great costume supplies.
- Play some fun board games that have been collecting dust in your closet.
- Make a trip to your local dollar store and pick up some sporting supplies like a basketball hoop, rubber arrow archery set, soccer ball, nets, and a magnet fishing set and plan a fun sports night at home.
- Take a little drive out of town and look at the stars.
- Check the local event calendar in your city for festivals and free exhibits. There are usually plenty of free activities going on that you may not know about.
What are your favorite affordable date ideas?
Cheryl is a Canadian married mother of one little boy. She is a certified Project Management Professional with a passion for parties and event planning. Her blog Moms & Munchkins is filled with fun ideas for family fun, kid-friendly activities, free printable games, party ideas, moms night out ideas and much more! Join her on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on all the new fun ideas. She also has plenty of fabulous boards on Pinterest to follow.