With back to school looming, we’re trying to squeeze in as much fun and excitement to our days as we can. One thing we’re doing is getting outside to enjoy the beautiful weather and all of the great activities that Cape Cod has to offer. We’re able to do this by spending less time in the kitchen and spending less money by using online coupons.
Nothing says summer like a bonfire and S’mores. But, who likes the campfire smell lingering in their hair afterwards? I decided to whip up some homemade Peanut Butter and add that to an easy recipe for S’mores bars. You’ll wish you were my neighbor because there are a few left. Just a few.
Don’t be intimidated by the number of steps I’m going to share with you. You know me, I like things to come together quickly. Learning to do that takes time and I’ve practiced my fair share so that you don’t have to! To make these easy peanut butter s’mores bars, you’ll need to make a graham cracker crust, homemade peanut butter, and brownie batter. Sounds like a lot, but this recipe shouldn’t take you more than 15 minutes hands-on and baking takes about 30.
The first thing to do is melt 1/2 cup of butter (one stick) and ,using a fork, combine it with 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs. Making the crumbs is easy, just put 4 – 5 cracker sheets into a zip top plastic bag and roll over them with a rolling pin. No rolling pin? Try a glass instead!
Add this to your Parchment paper lined pan and smooth with your hands. It’s a good idea to grease your hands either with the paper from your stick of butter or a cooking spray.
Pre-heat your oven now, to 325.
Making homemade Peanut Butter is one of the simplest things you can do – and perfect if you’ve forgotten that you were out of peanut butter. Oops! Add two cups of Planters® Dry Roasted Peanuts to your food processor and five minutes later, you have the most delicious peanut butter you’ve ever tasted.
While the peanuts are whipping around in your food processor, make your favorite brownie batter. Your favorite might be store bought or an easy homemade recipe. Either way, don’t bake it. Just prep it.
And fold in 2 chopped graham cracker sheets and 1 cup of mini marshmallows. It should be thick and heavy. Your tastebuds should be going crazy. Top your graham cracker crust with this awesome mixture.
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, you’re going to add your peanut butter to the top. Swirl it around using a spatula.
And add 2 chopped graham cracker sheets, 1/2 cup mini marshmallows, and 1 1/2 chopped chocolate bars.
Your oven should be preheated, so pop these beautiful peanut butter s’mores brownie bars into the oven for 30 minutes.
And wait. This is the hard part. So grab a little snack. Maybe homemade peanut butter and a little bit of chocolate?
They look beautiful, don’t they?
This is the second hardest part: wait for them to cool completely on the rack before
devouring all of cutting them.
Once they’ve cooled completely, I’m not joking here, cut into squares and enjoy with a cold glass of milk.
The Boy didn’t bother to change out of his swimming clothes before digging his teeth into one of these.
He liked them so much, I was given a thumbs up! Cool mom moment!
What are you waiting for? Go print out these digital coupons and head to your local Walmart to grab the ingredients! As with most digital coupons, prints are limited and these will go fast! Hurry! Your family will thank you for it!
What are your favorite summer desserts – S’mores or Ice Cream? Do you like jazzed up brownies?
- For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- For the Peanut Butter
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- For the Brownie Bars
- Your favorite brownie recipe
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- For the Topping
- 2 graham cracker sheets, chopped
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 chocolate bars, chopped
- Make the crust by combining melted butter and graham cracker crumbs in small bowl. Mix with fork. Press into prepared 9 X 13 baking pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- Make the peanut butter by adding two cups of dry roasted peanuts to the bowl of your food processor and process for 5 minutes.
- While the peanut butter is churning, make your brownie mix according to directions. Use either a boxed mix or your favorite homemade recipe. To the brownie mix, add 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs and 1 cup mini marshmallows.
- Top crust with brownie mix.
- Top brownie mix with desired amount of peanut butter using a spatula to spread out.
- Add chopped graham crackers, 1/2 cup mini marshmallows and 1 1/2 chopped chocolate bars to the top of the peanut butter.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack.