Serving these easy brownie ice cream sandwiches is a great way to celebrate the end of school and the arrival of summer. You can find everything you need to make these brownie ice cream sandwiches, including the delicious Blue Bunny® Bunny Tracks® and Blue Bunny® Cherry Pickin’ Chocolate® at your neighborhood Walmart.
Summer means cool treats. I cannot tell you how excited I am that warm weather is finally here and we enjoy frozen treats. School finished for us in early June and we have been celebrating with frozen treats regularly. I like to keep a variety of frozen treats in the freezer, including The Original Bomb Pop® and ice cream flavors like Blue Bunny® Bunny Tracks® and Blue Bunny® Cherry Pickin’ Chocolate®. A bonus to making these easy brownie ice cream sandwiches is they satisfy your chocolate craving AND they cool you off. That is a win in my book!
Once you see how easy these brownie ice cream sandwiches are to prepare, you will be making them every week. These delicious frozen treats are perfect for sharing with friends and neighbors, and for serving at backyard cookouts all summer long.
With just a few ingredients you can pick up from your local Walmart, these crowd pleasing brownie ice cream sandwiches are a summer must have!
There is nothing better than taking a bite of a cold brownie ice cream sandwich on a hot day.
For these amazing brownie ice cream sandwiches, I baked a batch of my favorite brownies and divided the batter between two 8 inch square pans. This gave me two thin brownies that are awesome for using in brownie ice cream sandwiches. I opted to make my brownies without nuts, but you can add your favorite mix-ins to the brownie batter before baking. Because these brownies are much thinner than a typical brownie, they need less time to bake. These only baked for 15 minutes.
Once the brownies have baked, cool them completely before transfering the pans to the freezer for 15 minutes. Take your Blue Bunny® ice cream out of the freezer now, too. This will give it some time to soften so it is easier to scoop and spread onto the brownies.
Waiting is the hardest part. I’m sorry. But, I do need to warn you that you’ll have to wait again. It’s worth it, I promise! While you’re waiting, enjoy a cool and freshing The Original Bomb Pop®. I’m not going to lie, I feel a little bit nostalgic each time I cool off with The Original Bomb Pop®!
Once the brownies are slightly frozen, remove both pans from the freezer. Top one brownie with a generous layer of your favorite Blue Bunny® ice cream. For these brownie ice cream sandwiches, I’m using Cherry Pickin’ Chocolate® and Bunny Tracks® ice cream flavors. I could not choose just one! Use a spatula to spread the ice cream into an even layer. [It helps to dip your spatula into warm water if it gets stuck on the ice cream.]
Once your ice cream is smooth and even. Remove the second brownie from the pan. Place this brownie layer face down on top of the ice cream layer, be sure to peel off and discard the foil or parchment paper. Press down lightly on the brownie to help seal it to the ice cream.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
Remove brownie ice cream sandwich stack from freezer. Release from the pan using the foil and place on a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.
You can wrap each sandwich individually in wax paper or plastic wrap, then slip the ice cream sandwiches into a zip top bag for freezing. They should last for a month in the freezer. If you don’t eat them before then!
- 1 Store Bought Brownie Mix and ingredients listed on package
- 1 - 2 flavors of Blue Bunny® ice cream
- Prepare brownie batter as directed on package, dividing batter into two 8 inch pans lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake brownies for 15-16 minutes.
- Cool brownies in pan completely before transferring pans to freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove Blue Bunny® ice cream from freezer when you put the brownies into the freezer.
- Once brownies have frozen slightly, remove both pans from freezer.
- Top one brownie with a generous, even layer of Blue Bunny® ice cream.
- Place this brownie layer face down on top of the ice cream layer, be sure to peel off and discard the foil or parchment paper. Press down lightly on the brownie to help seal it to the ice cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and return to freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove brownie ice cream sandwich stack from freezer. Release from the pan using the foil and place on a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.