Deviled Eggs are a great appetizer to serve at holiday gatherings. Turn them into a gourmet delight with this delicious crab deviled eggs recipe.
When making crab delived eggs for the holidays, I like to use Louis Kemp® Crab Delights® Flake Style. Crab Delights are made with premium Wild Alaskan Pollock fillets and are a good source of protein. Find them in the refrigerated case of your local Star Market. Be sure to take advantage of this great money saving coupon offer: $1.00 OFF Louis Kemp® Crab Delights®
First, you’ll need to hard boil your eggs. You can follow my tips on how to boil eggs perfectly. You can boil your eggs the night before to ensure ample time for cooling. Working with refrigerated eggs is so much easier! Use a sharp knife to slice the eggs in half revealing their bright beautiful yolks.
Gently remove the yolks and set the whites aside. Using the back of a fork, mash the yolks.
Add mayonnaise, salt, and pepper and combine with your fork. Be careful not to overmix. Then, add the Crab Delights and gently combine.
Now it’s time for the fun part. Using a very small spoon, fill the whites with the crab deviled egg filling. Garnish with chopped chives.
Kitchen Tip:: When I make traditional deviled eggs, I pipe the filling into the whites using a pastry tip attached to a plastic zip top bag. Don’t try this method with this filling, it doesn’t work!
When you make these crab deviled eggs for your holiday party, be prepared for your guests to ask for the recipe!
Deviled Eggs are a staple in our home around the holidays. They are an easy and affordable appetizer to make during the busy holiday season. The will keep, if well covered, in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- One Dozen Eggs, Hard Boiled
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 8oz. Louis Kemp® Crab Delights® Flake Style
- Chives, as garnish
- Peel Hard Boiled Eggs.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the eggs in half lengthwise.
- With a small spoon, remove the yolks and place in a medium sized bowl. Set the egg whites to the side.
- Using the back of a fork, gently mash the yolks.
- Combine mashed yolks with mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add Louis Kemp® Crab Delights® Flake Style mixing gently with a fork.
- Spoon filling into the egg whites.
- Garnish with chives.
What do you like to add to your deviled eggs during the holiday season?