There is something magical about summer. Wouldn’t you agree? Summer is my favorite season for many reasons. There’s no bedtime. No homework. No schedule. No rules. Just like with these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bacon cookies.
Interested in purchasing Peter Pan® Peanut Butter for your peanut butter chocolate chip bacon cookies? Hover over the photo to click through to Walmart.com and buy a jar today!
These cookies are nothing short of amazing.
What more could you ask for? Maybe someone to make them for you? Well, if you follow this recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip bacon cookies, you won’t mind making them for yourself or sharing them with friends at a summer cookout!
For this cookie recipe, I chose Peter Pan® Peanut Butter because it’s made of wholesome, simple ingredients, and packed with protein. When baking chocolate chip cookies, a mix of regular and mini chocolate chips is always fun. After trial and error, I discovered that when baking peanut butter chocolate chip cookies the mini chocolate chips were the best choice. You’ll also notice that this recipe calls for turkey bacon, but I am sure it would taste equally as delicious if you chose a traditional pork bacon.
These peanut butter chocolate chip bacon cookies are the perfect combination of salty and sweet.
You can find all of the ingredients to make these peanut butter chocolate chip bacon cookies at your local Walmart.
When hosting or attending a summer cookout, desserts are important. Sure, it’s nice to grill burgers and corn on the cob. And tabbouleh salad is a refreshing side dish. Since I’m being honest, I’m only at the summer cookout for the desserts. And, that’s what your friends will say to you after they try these peanut butter chocolate chip bacon cookies. I promise.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayene pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 strips turkey bacon, cooked according to package directions, cooled and chopped
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Peter Pan® Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or prep with non-stick cooking spray. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and peanut butter on medium-high speed until smooth. Add in the sugars and beat until creamy, about 4 minutes.
- Next add the egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 more minutes.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low; add half of the flour mixture, scraping down the bowl as needed, until just combined. Add remaining flour mixture.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips and bacon.
- Using your hands, form the dough into balls and arrange 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten with your fingers. Bake until golden, about 12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
The cookies will not flatten in the oven, be sure to flatten them prior to baking. For an added crunch, consider adding chopped peanuts or using crunchy peanut butter.
Want more inspiration for your summer cookout? Be sure to check out the Food You Love page and get more delcious recipes using Peter Pan Peanut Butter.