It’s no secret that I love pasta recipes. Remember that easy one-pot chicken mozzarella pasta recipe? While that recipe is perfect for back-to-school meals, this tortellini pasta salad recipe is the winner for potluck dinners with family and friends.
This is a meatless pasta salad, but you could totally add grilled chicken, shrimp, or steak if you wanted to serve it as an entree rather than a side dish. Personally, I could eat this as is every day of the week.
I love the flexibility of this tortellini pasta salad. Feel free to swap out the diced red peppers for artichokes if you want. Don’t like raw onions? Then don’t feel badly about making them sit this one out. Not a fan of feta? I think you’re weird, at least a little weird. But, feel free to use parmesean or fresh mozzarella instead.
You know what else is amazing about this salad? It only takes about 20 minutes to make! WINNING!! While the water boils, you wash and chop your veggies. Then prepare your dressing as the tortellini cooks. BAM! Combine it all together and you are ready to rock and roll! I promise, this toretllini pasta salad is going to be your go-to potluck contribution, and a regular on your monthly menu plan.
- 1Lb. Tortellini
- 1 Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced in half
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tsbp lemon juice
- Cook Tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and Rinse in COLD water.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and cherry tomatoes to the cooked tortellini.
- In a jar with a lid, combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, dried basil, whole grain mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over tortellini and vegetables. Stir to combine.
- Add Feta Cheesee. Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to one week.