With fall quickly coming into focus, now is a great time to fire up the grill for a few more quick and easy meals. Today, I’m sharing a simple recipe for Balsamic Grilled Chicken Skewers paired with Dreaming Tree Crush. This recipe is perfect for casual group gatherings of friends and family.
In our area, the seasons change quickly. Humidity lifts, the sun begins to set earlier, and cool mornings rush in. As summer becomes a memory, I look forward to hosting gatherings with friends and family this fall. When I host friends and family, I like to keep the menu and decor simple. Creating a fun, relaxing environment is important to me. I want my friends and family to feel at home when they’re in my home.
One reason I choose Dreaming Tree Wines is because they’re designed to be enjoyed with whatever style of food sounds good to you! Not only are Dreaming Tree Wines approachable, the brand has a social conscious, too. It has a strong commitment to sustainable winemaking practices and is celebrating donating over $1M to environmental programs that protect tree and forestry programs across the country.
You can find The Dreaming Tree wines at your local grocery, drug or supercenter stores. A little trick – just go to their website and locate their wines here.
I have to confess, I love looking like a rock star in the kitchen. But….I don’t like to spend a lot of time prepping and fussing over food. These Balsamic Grilled Chicken Skewers will leave you looking like a culinary rock star, without the fuss!
Balsamic Grilled Chicken Skewers are perfect for serving to friends and family during an early evening gathering. You can make this recipe ahead of time if you want and then you’re not missing out on the laughter and great conversation! They’re easy enough to prepare that you don’t have to worry about a lot of fancy ingredients either. Everything you need is sitting in your well-stocked pantry now.
As you pass the platter of Balsamic Grilled Chicken Skewers to your friends and family, take a moment to breath in and think about all of the joy they bring to your life. Celebrate being together and enjoying delicious food paired with simple, approachable wines.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1/4 balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 TBSP garlic, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Mozzarella Balls
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- Combine first seven ingredients in a glass bowl. Stir well to combine. Cover with lid and refrigerate 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat grill to high heat setting. Grill chicken pieces until cooked thoroughly, about 3-4 minutes.
- Discard remaining marinade.
- Let chicken cool to touch.
- Begin assembling skewers by alternating cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and cooked chicken pieces on wooden skewers.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by stiring remaining balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let cook until mixture has reduced by half, approximately 10 minutes.
- Once glaze is reduced, drizzle glaze over prepared skewers and serve.