It’s no secret that I love popcorn. And that I don’t typically like to share. Today, I’m showing how I jazz up this snack by using Reese’s Spreads to create a popcorn bark that will satisfy everyone’s tastebuds! Reese’s Spreads is a perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter flavors in spreadable form.
This snack recipe comes together quickly and easily. I pop a half cup of popcorn kernels on the stove top. If you are pressed for time, you can microwave a bag of popcorn.
Once the popcorn has popped, pour the popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to cool. To the pan you popped the corn in, melt one tablespoon of butter then add a little more than one cup of mini marshmallows.
As you’re melting the marshmallows, don’t walk away from the stove. These melt quickly and can easily burn. Stir the marshmallows constantly; once they’re melted add a few tablespoons of Reese’s Spreads.
Stir frequently to combine. Do not walk away from the stove, remember that marshmallows melt quickly and can easily burn. Once the Reese’s Spreads is fully combined with the marshmallows, remove from heat and add the popped and cooled popcorn to the pot. Mix quickly with a rubber spatula, then spread mixture on the original baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Try not to eat it yet.
Top the popcorn with Reese’s mini pieces and a light dusting of Kosher salt; then place baking sheet in refrigerator to set.
While the popcorn bark is setting up in the refrigerator, wash your pot. Melted marshmallows can be a beast to clean up!
Break the popcorn bark into smaller pieces using your hands or a knife. Store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container. This fun twist on popcorn is great for family movie nights, after school snacks with your kids, or even a quick gift for your neighbor this holiday season.
I found everything I needed to make this recipe at my neighborhood Walmart. Walmart recently began carrying the Reese’s Spreads, and they’re in the same aisle as the peanut butter. Easy to find, right?
- 2 TBSP. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Popcorn Kernels, popped
- 1 TBSP. Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 4 TBSP. Reese's Spreads
- 1/4 Cup Reese's Mini Pieces
- In a medium sauce pan with lid, heat olive oil with 3-4 popcorn kernels over medium head. Once kernels have popped, add remaining kernels. Cook until fully popped.
- Transfer popped kernels to baking sheet lined with parchment paper to cool.
- Using the same sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add mini marshmallows, stirring constantly until melted.
- To the melted marshmallows, add Reese's Spreads, stirring constantly until thoroughly combined.
- Add the popcorn to the Reese's Spreads mixture, stirring with a rubbed spatula to combine.
- Return popcorn to baking sheet and top with Reese's Mini Pieces.
- Refrigerator 5 - 10 minutes, then break popcorn bark into small pieces.
- Store in air tight container in refrigerator.
Win It! Now that you’re tastebuds are going wild, take a minute (or two) to complete the Rafflecopter form below for your chance to win a Reese’s Spreads prize pack, including a $50 Walmart Gift Card, Reese’s Branded Apron, Reese’s Spreads, and Complimentary Reese’s Spreadable items!
For more delicious recipes featuring Reese’s Spreads, follow the #CollectiveBias #AnySnackPerfect conversation on Twitter:
Based on the iconic Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, new Reese’s Spreads will make snacking even more delicious by adding the unique, one-of-a-kind combination of chocolate and peanut butter flavors to any food, anytime, anywhere.