I am thrilled to announce that the Boston Red Sox invited me back as a member of the official Red Sox Moms blogger team for the 2016 season! As a lifelong Red Sox fan, I couldn’t be happier working with such an awesome organization! As with last year, there are tons of AMAZING events in the pipeline for the 2016 Red Sox season.
Red Sox Kid Nation
This season, the Red Sox are “Calling All Kids” to join Red Sox Kid Nation, presented by Hood, for free. It’s true, the team has committed to offering a free ticket to all Red Sox Kid Nation members [with purchase of paid adult ticket]! Once you sign up for a Red Sox Kid Nation membership, you’ll be provided with a link to order your tickets!
Wally’s Clubhouse Updates
Several exciting changes are coming to Wally’s Clubhouse for the 2016 Red Sox Season.
- A rolling mobile exhibit will feature a miniature fiberglass version of Pesky’s Pole that youngsters can sign with a dry erase marker, a piece of the padded field wall that lines the infield and outfield, and various compartments with objects for them to feel, such as a deconstructed baseball and Fenway Park dirt.
- Miniature lockers staged to look just like the ones in the Red Sox clubhouse will be installed in Wally’s Clubhouse, and an oversized trunk filled with authentic Red Sox jerseys, cleats, and batting gloves will be available for kids to play dress up.
- In addition to the tactile elements, enhanced organized games and activities such as Red Sox bingo, story time, Q&A sessions, and lessons on scoring the game will take place in the space. The Red Sox will also host a comprehensive clinic later in the season for kids who want to learn how to score the game.
- And for the young collectors in the family, an extensive Red Sox bobblehead collection will be on display in the Team Store window located in the Kids Concourse.
- At the end of Spring Training, Tessie the Green Monster (Wally’s sister) will take her place in the Kids Concourse where she will be a permanent staple before and during Red Sox home games throughout the season.
$9 Red Sox Student Tickets for those 15 and older
For high school and college students with a student ID, the club will again offer a $9 ticket for every regular season home game. The “Student 9’s,” presented by Selfeo, guarantee at least an entry into standing room with the possibility of an upgrade to seats when available.
New this season, the club will offer a virtual reality experience at Fenway Park through a series of 360 videos that give exclusive, all-access views of what it’s like to be a Red Sox player during the 2016 season. Virtual reality stations will be available to kids in Wally’s Clubhouse and to all fans in the Kids Concourse. The videos will also be available to fans online.
The Red Sox will take Fenway Park on the road with a new mobile truck that will bring the ballpark experience to communities throughout New England. The Red Sox Mobile Experience presented by T-Mobile features a 15-foot truck with panels that move to remake the Green Monster wall. The truck will carry a batting cage, virtual reality dugout, and pitching stations to dozens of cities and towns during the 2016 season. The Red Sox Mobile Experience will debut the week of May 9 leading into MLB’s national “Play Ball!” weekend.
Join Red Sox Kid Nation
Don’t Delay!! Join Red Sox Kid Nation today and start planning your 2016 Boston Red Sox adventure! Entry level membership in the Red Sox Kid Nation program (for children under age 14) will be free this year, with an upgrade option available for $39.95. Visit redsox.com/kidnation!
Which games are you planning to attend this season?