Perfect for making on a weekend morning, this simple Sweet Cream Blueberry Muffins takes just minutes to make. Sweet Cream Blueberry Muffins are a perfect complement to your morning coffee. All you need are a few basic baking ingredients, plump blueberries, and International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream.
I have yet to meet a muffin that I don’t like. That is especially true for these Sweet Cream Blueberry Muffins.
These are so delicious, and you won’t be able to eat just one. And who eats just one mini muffin anyway? If you have that sort of willpower, I don’t think we could be friends.
The first step to making Sweet Cream Blueberry Muffins is making yourself a cup of coffee. Sounds crazy, but you’ll be a better muffin baker after you have some coffee. As the temperature drops, I switch from iced coffee to hot coffee. And there is nothing more amazing than the smell of a freshly brewed cup of coffee with a splash (or two) of International Delight® Caramel Macchiato.
Select flavors of International Delight® Creamers are available in half gallon containers. Look for International Delight® French Vanilla, International Delight® Caramel Macchiato, and International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream in the half gallon size. It’s much easier to hold and pour the new bottle too. Remember the conventional packaging? A bit cumbersome for early morning coffee, right?!
Toward the end of August, we like to pick our own blueberries. Sometimes, we pick enough to freeze to use in recipes like these Sweet Cream Blueberry Muffins. If you haven’t picked and frozen your own, fresh or flash frozen from Walmart are a great choice. Grab the blueberries from the produce or frozen aisles while you’re shopping for the half gallon bottle of International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream.
Baking these beautiful Sweet Cream Blueberry Muffins will have your home smelling like a bakery in minutes. You won’t need any fancy equipment to bake these muffins, allowing you some extra time to enjoy a piping hot cup of coffee topped off with International Delight® Creamers.
We can all agree that mornings are best with International Delight® Creamers in our coffee and a few Sweet Cream Blueberry Muffins. What would you bake with International Delight® Creamers? Let me know by leaving a comment below!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or flash frozen
- Preheat the oven to 400°F for mini muffins; 375°F for standard muffins. Lightly grease muffin tin; or line the tin with papers, and grease the papers.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl and beating well after each addition.
- Add in the baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Add the flour alternately with the International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream, mixing just to combine. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries. Fold in the mashed and whole berries to the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan; use a 1-inch scoop to speed things up!
- Bake the mini muffins about 20 minutes, standard size muffins for about 30 minutes. You'll know they are ready when they are golden brown on top, and a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
- After removing the muffins from the oven, loosen their edges from the pan, let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.